LYK NU Privacy and GDPR Statement
Purpose of this Policy
This policy is a statement of Lyk Nu Dry Cleaners commitment to protect the rights and privacy of individuals in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
Principals of Data Protection
Lyk Nu Dry Cleaners is complaint with the Data Protection Act and the European Data Protection Directive as summarised by the following ‘8 Rules of Data Protection’:
- Obtain and process information fairly
- Keep information only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes
- Use and disclose information only in ways compatible with these purposes
- Keep information safe and secure
- Keep data accurate, complete and up-to-date
- Ensure that information is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Retain information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes
- Give a copy of personal data to the individual, on request. Lyk Nu Dry Cleaners has procedures in place to ensure that data subjects can exercise their rights under the Data Protection Legislation.
Overall responsibility for ensuring compliance with Data Protection Acts rests with the management of Lyk Nu Dry Cleaners. However, our responsibility varies depending upon whether we are acting as either a data controller or a data processor. All employees and contractors who separately collect control or process the content and use of personal data are individually responsible for compliance with the Data Protection Act.
Procedures and Guidelines:
Lyk Nu Dry Cleaners is committed to ensuring personal privacy and compliance with the Data Protection Acts, including the provision of best practice guidelines and procedures in relation to all aspects of Data Protection.
This policy is reviewed and signed off by the company owner.
This Policy will be reviewed annually in May considering any legislative or other relevant indicators.
Here at Lyk Nu we take your privacy seriously and will only use personal information to administer your account and to provide the service you requested from us. We have made every effort to ensure we are fully compliant with EU General Data Protection Regulation.
How we protect personal data
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
Instances where Lyk Nu may have to share your personal data.
We may share personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- If we need to share personal data with a trusted third-party service provider who is involved in the process of the service, we provide to you.
These third-party service providers have given us assurances they are in full compliance with GDPR.
Controlling your data
You have ultimate control over your data. You can manage your data, see what we have collected, and request your data be erased. This is called a subject access request.
If you would like a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please write to;
Unit 1/2, The Mall,
You can also submit a request through the ‘Contact’ page of our website.